Skip to main content

9 Confessions From Women Who Went on First Dates on Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day is either the world’s most romantic holiday or straight up garbage, depending on your opinion. But is it actually a good day to find ~love~? These brave souls decided to go on first dates on V-Day and the outcomes range from sweet and swoon-worthy to "WTF just happened?!". Read on for nine crazy first date stories from February 14th.

1. "I went on a Valentine's first date with this guy who I met through work. He was super cute, super funny, and we got along so well. We went out to dinner and a movie, and went out for drinks afterwards. We were having such a good time, and I was just thinking about how lucky I was to have found him! Anyway, while we're at drinks he starts getting kind of weird. He starts shifting in his seat and avoiding eye contact, really nervous. I thought he was just going to ask me to head back to his place, but then he got on one knee. He asked me to marry him! I instantly froze and then excused myself to use the restroom. I called a cab and left right then and there. Worst date ever." —Sarah, 26


2. "I went on a blind date with a guy a friend had set me up with. We met at Starbucks, and after a few hours he told me he bought me a gift. He went to his car and brought out a balloon that said, "It's a boy!". The Starbucks baristas began to immediately congratulate me. I was a bit confused but also thought it was hysterical! He explained that was the only balloon he could find, as all of the heart balloons had already been taken. The relationship didn't work out, but I still have the balloon!" —Kiyana, 24

3. "My current boyfriend and I had our first date on Valentine's Day. His car had broken down, so he told me he would meet me in the lobby of my dorm. When I walked into the lobby, and he was standing there with a huge grin on his face, holding a box of chocolates. Since we couldn't drive anywhere, he took me to a little sushi place right next to my dorm. The tiny restaurant was packed. We ended up sitting next to another couple at a four person table! Definitely not how I imagined our dinner would go. But we made the best out of it and had a really good time. Afterward, he asked if I wanted to go across the street and grab some McFlurrys at McDonald's for dessert. I figured it'd be fun and quirky to get some fast food ice cream for a first date on Valentine's Day! Luckily, we got our own table at McDonald's and we talked forever. When we were finished, he walked me back to my dorm and up to my room, asked me on a second date and kissed me goodbye. I was smitten! This Valentine's Day we're planning to go back to the same sushi place, followed by grabbing some Oreo McFlurrys!" —Elise, 20

4. "My first-time Valentine's date said he had made dinner reservations and we were going to see a movie after that he had pre-bought tickets for. The restaurant didn't have our table ready until 45 minutes after our reservation, making us miss the movie. To make it worse he didn't know the restaurant had a fixed-price menu for Valentines Day, which he couldn't afford. We both ended up having to order off the appetizer menu. After the painfully awkward dinner we went to the movies to get his money back since we had missed the movie, and on the way back we got into a car accident. That's not even the worst part: before the accident, I had suggested that he slow down since it had started to snow. When the brakes locked up and we went into a guardrail he started to cry. Worst. Date. Ever." —Christine, 21

5. "I met a dude on Tinder and we were planning to go out at some point. We found ourselves with nothing to do on Valentine's Day last year, so he invited me over to his house. When I got there, he had bought me chocolates and flowers which I thought was cute. I had assumed that I was just there to hang out, but we were clearly on different pages because he got right down to [suggesting we] hook up. I was caught off guard, but I went for it because, why not? He ended up not being able to get it up (I assume it was the first time in a long time that he had tried to have sex, because he was very... eager) so we eventually stopped trying then ended up awkwardly sitting on his couch watching the NBA All-Star game until I went home around 10. It was so incredibly uncomfortable and we have not had any contact since that night. And I'm pretty sure I just left the chocolates and flowers there." —Holly, 2

6. "My husband and I had our first real date on Valentine's Day. We had only hung out as friends before that. When we planned the date we both painfully ignored the fact that it was Valentine's Day, but then he brought over Valentine's Day cupcakes and we stayed up all night talking. We've been together ever since and got married this September! He would always joke that he started dating me on Valentine's Day so he could combine two presents into one. He's economical, but I also know he's a romantic!" —Jenny, 28

7. "I went out on a first Tinder date with a French exchange student last year for Valentine's Day. We started at an Irish pub, talking and laughing at all the drunk couples arguing. We proceeded to buy a bottle of wine and sneak on to my university's soccer field to drink and look at the stars. This night was truly a fairy tale and I knew, as cliche as it sounds, I had found my soul mate. Unfortunately, the campus police weren't as thrilled with our romantic rendezvous. After some smooth talking we were free to go, but we still tell the story as if we almost got arrested. I'm moving in with him in Paris in September. So I guess you can say cheesy first dates on Valentine's Day really have the potential to alter your whole life for the better." —Ashley, 22


8. "I went on a first date on Valentine's Day with a guy I met on Tinder. We had been talking for over a month but hadn't met each other yet because we were both in University and he lived an hour outside of the city. We decided that for our first date we would go to the first Fifty Shades of Grey movie which had just come out in theaters. He drove into the city and came to pick me up at my condo. When he arrived he gave me a Lush Valentine's Day box with panty freshening powder (so weird), and I noticed that he brought an overnight bag (even weirder, as we hadn't discussed him staying over). He sat down on the couch with me and awkwardly tried to cuddle, so I suggested we go for a drive before the movie in an attempt to get off the couch. After the movie, where we awkwardly held hands without talking or making eye contact the whole time, we went to a bar. While we were in the line at the bar he ran into an old friend and introduced me as his girlfriend! Worst date ever!" —Morgan, 23

9. "My current boyfriend took me to our local college's basketball game that happened to be on Valentine's Day. We talked, snacked on hot dogs, and laughed the whole time, barely even paying attention to the game. At the end of the date, he drove me home at dropped me off at my house. Before I got out of the car, he stopped me and asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes! After this, he looked me in the eyes and kissed me. This was actually both of our first kisses, as we were only 16 at the time. This day is now nearly four years ago. I love that our anniversary is on Valentine's Day because I feel like it makes a day that's already special even more special to us. We are still together and stronger than ever." —Kelly, 20

These confessions have been lightly edited for clarity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soaring Bitcoin Price Leads $159 Billion Crypto Market Recovery

Bitcoin  Well, somebody bought the dip. Just as critics were rushing to proclaim that the bitcoin bubble had burst, the markets staged a $159 billion recovery. The rally was headlined by the bitcoin price, which rebounded from its sub-$10,000 fling and is currently flirting with $12,000. Several other top-tier coins, meanwhile, returned single day increases in excess of 40 percent. Source: CoinMarketCap Altogether, the  cryptocurrency market cap  clawed its way back to $574 billion, representing a 38 percent recovery from Wednesday’s intraday low of $415 billion. Bitcoin Price Eyes $12,000 Wednesday served as a trial-by-fire for recent bitcoin investors, some of whom had purchased the flagship cryptocurrency for $19,000 at the height of the rally in mid-December. Bitcoin Price Chart The correction forced the  bitcoin price  below $10,000 for the first time since early December, but Thursday’s rally enabled bitcoin to regain a bit of the ground it had lo

Bitcoin Laundering” Study: Where Do Criminals Turn to Mask Illicit Cryptoassets?

A recent study ( PDF ) from the Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ Center on Sanctions and Illicit Finance and blockchain analytics company Elliptic explored the “bitcoin laundering” ecosystem. In the study, Elliptic’s forensic analysis of the Bitcoin blockchain and other publicly available data were used to track the flows of illicit funds from 2013 to 2016. “This study aimed to identify where individuals turn in order to cash out or transmit bitcoins (BTC) acquired from illicit entities and to discover typologies for criminals ‘laundering’ bitcoins,” the report says. The study describes bitcoin laundering as a special type of money laundering that exists within the Bitcoin network where a user moves some bitcoins to a new address in a manner that obscures the original source of funds. The conversion of bitcoins into fiat currency on exchanges that lack adequate anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) policies can also fall under the category

Bitcoin Brokers Reviews for Learning Trustworthy Brokerage Firm

When you are trading the cryptocurrency it is necessary to have accessibility to a relied on brokerage company. Though there are lots of brokerage companies available that can be counted upon, figuring out the one that can additionally ensure you attractive returns are essential. Undeniably with Bitcoin brokers’ testimonials you could do it fairly precisely. Bitcoinbrokers are services provider that allow you to buy Bitcoin anonymously for buyers, and also market Bitcoin at a premium. For customers of Bitcoin you will be provided a financial institution account with name, account number and directing information. You transfer loan right into the account to obtain Bitcoin in return. This is lot even more easier now than a pair of years ago. It goes without saying delving into Bitcoin profession is not as very easy as it seems. You require to do research, have an enough understanding of how the profession goes. Additionally, you should understand the sort of people that you are going